Choosing the right home heating fuel for your Cape Cod, MA home is a big deal. Not only do you have to think about what kind of equipment to buy, but you also have to consider whether you want to have lines installed or partner with a fuel supplier, on top of several other considerations. Two major home heating fuels at use in the industry today are natural gas and Bioheat® fuel. While these two fuels can both keep you warm at night, they are incredibly different! At Snow’s Fuel, we’re proud to deliver Bioheat® fuel to your home, but keep reading so you can learn the major differences between Bioheat® fuel and natural gas.
Bioheat® Fuel vs. Natural Gas: What’s the Difference on Cape Cod?
What Is Bioheat® Fuel?
Bioheat® fuel is a blend of traditional home heating oil with biodiesel, which is made from natural, renewable resources such as soybean oil and recycled cooking oil. This eco-friendly fuel provides great benefits for both consumers and the environment.
- Provides a more efficient burn (which saves you money!)
- Made domestically, reducing our dependency on foreign oil
- Promotes job growth in the US
- Burns cleaner so your system operates at peak efficiency
- Lower emissions reduce carbon footprint and promote better air quality
- Helps extend heating equipment life
- Biodegrades quickly
- Virtually sulfur-free
What Is Natural Gas?
Natural gas is a fossil fuel-derived energy source that formed deep beneath the earth’s surface and contains many different compounds.
- Explosive, potentially dangerous
- Non-renewable fuel, supply cannot be replaced for millennia
- Concentrated sources require long distance transmission and transportation
- Requires extensive pipelines to transport over land
Related Post: Things to Consider before Going with Natural Gas
Place Your Bioheat® Fuel Order with Snow’s Fuel Today
Natural gas requires gas line installation to connect to the grid and produces more methane than Bioheat® fuel. Bioheat® fuel is constantly working toward lower emissions and total renewability in the future. Bioheat® fuel requires only the oil-burning heating equipment you already have in your Cape Cod home. When you’re ready for your first or next Bioheat® fuel delivery, contact us online or call us at (508) 255-1090 today!