What Type of Air Conditioning Is Right for Your Home?
Longer days and warmer temperatures call for more time spent outdoors—finally! Beach season is fast approaching, and we can’t wait to take full advantage of another beautiful Cape Cod summer. But when it’s time to take a break from the heat, nothing beats cooling off inside a home with reliable air conditioning.
If your central air conditioning system has seen better days, or if you’ve been relying on clunky window units that you know just aren’t worth the hassle, don’t chance it this summer. Upgrading to new, high-efficiency equipment now can improve your comfort, save you money, and add convenience to your life for years to come.
Wondering what type of high-efficiency A/C equipment to choose for your property? There are plenty of options available for any style home, ranging in efficiency rating, price, and model type. Featured below are the two most popular—and most efficient—types of home cooling on the Cape: ductless air conditioning and central air conditioning.
Ductless Air Conditioning
Choosing ductless mini-split air conditioning for your home means you can forget the hassle of old window A/C units and avoid the renovation cost of installing central air if your home lacks ductwork. These units can cool your entire home or selected areas.
- Compact, discreet, and adaptable for any living space
- Great for homes with or without ductwork
- Individual zoning to better control your cooling room by room
- Quiet, effective operation
- Highly efficient with ENERGY STAR® ratings
Central Air Conditioning
If your home already has ductwork in place for your heating system, adding central air is a breeze. Even if your home currently lacks ductwork, your local energy experts can provide complete installation from the ground up at an affordable price.
- Complete, even cooling distribution throughout your entire home
- Seamless integration with your heating system’s ductwork
- Compatibility with programmable thermostats for maximum control of how much your cooling system operates
- Many ENERGY STAR® rated models available
For more information about energy-efficient cooling options for your Lower Cape home, or to discuss makes and models with a local HVAC expert, click here!
Not interested in a new A/C system? Keep your current equipment running safely and properly with an annual maintenance visit.