Any time you fill your tank with Snow’s heating oil, you can feel good knowing that you’re making a positive impact on the environment. That’s because we deliver Bioheat fuel, which is a blend of regular home heating oil with renewable, efficient, and clean-burning biodiesel.
What Are the Environmental Advantages of Bioheat Fuel?
Unlike traditional home heating oil, biodiesel is a renewable resource. It’s made from natural sources such as soybean oil or recycled cooking oil, and it biodegrades quickly. It promotes better air quality because it produces lower toxic emissions, and it’s virtually sulfur-free. And unlike most fuels, it has a positive “energy balance”—for each unit of fossil energy used to produce biodiesel, it returns over 5 units of renewable energy.
How Do I Benefit from Bioheat Fuel?
When oil fuel burns cleaner the heating system runs more efficiently, translating to reduced oil consumption and increased savings for consumers.
Other Bioheat benefits include:
- Helps system operate at peak efficiency, reducing the need for service calls and maintenance
- Cleans and lubricates your system’s components, helping to extend equipment life
- Requires no new equipment or modification needed to your existing system
- Made domestically, reducing dependency on foreign oil
- Virtually the same cost as traditional home heating oil
The Future of Bioheat Fuel
In 2007, Snow’s was among the first Cape dealers to offer Bioheat fuel, with a blend of 95% regular home heating oil and 5% Bioheat fuel. We are committed to offering a high-quality fuel with the highest blend ratio available; as higher blend ratios are deemed safe for use by the EPA, we will continue to enhance our blend with Bioheat fuel.
Learn more about the benefits of Bioheat Fuel.