We’re starting to see signs of spring here on the Cape, which means warm weather is on its way! Is your home equipped to keep your family comfortable through summer heat and humidity? If you are considering upgrading to a new high-efficiency air conditioning system, the first step is figuring out which type of A/C is right for you. That’s where Snow’s Fuel Company comes in we’re here to help you find the right air conditioner for your Cape Cod home. Find more information about the difference between central air and ductless A/C and each system’s unique benefits below.
Central Air Conditioning 101
Central air conditioning systems evenly distribute cold air through the home’s ductwork. Central A/C can be easily integrated into homes that already have a forced-air furnace and duct system in place. If your home doesn’t have ductwork but you’d like to outfit your home with central air, your local HVAC specialist can help build a new duct system. The m perks of central air include:
- Even cooling distribution through the home
- Easy integration with existing heating ductwork
- ENERGY STAR® rated models use less energy to produce better comfort
- Compatible with in-duct air purifiers that can proactively clean indoor air by destroying airborne pollutants, allergens, and mold
Ductless Air Conditioning 101
Ductless mini-split A/C systems are made up of one outdoor unit and one or more indoor units that work together to efficiently distribute cool air. The indoor units do not use ductwork, and can be affixed to any interior wall. Homes with or without ductwork can use ductless A/C to cool either specific rooms or the entire house. Homeowners love ductless A/C because its:
- Interior units are sleek and compact
- Requires no ductwork necessary!
- Quiet, energy-efficient operation
- Room-by-room or whole-house cooling
- Compatible with ductless air purifiers that can be used in tandem with ductless A/C to destroy pollutants, allergens, and mold in the air
Safe Air Conditioning Upgrades During COVID-19
Spending more time at home means A/C will be even more important when it gets hot out. Snow’s Fuel Company is closely following CDC guidelines to perform air conditioning, and other HVAC services, safely. We are using strict safety measures, including social distancing and personal protective equipment, to protect our employees and our customers. Please know that our top priority is your safety and comfort. Contact us to get a free quote on central air conditioning or ductless mini-split air conditioning for your Cape Cod home.